Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ten Yards of Love with Brandyce Lee


Posted by Matt Field

This Friday’s game will allow us our first taste of Tampa Breeze football. On Friday December 4th, the Chicago Bliss visit Tampa for an Eastern conference showdown. I had a chance to chat with Brandyce Lee of the Tampa Breeze. Get ready for ten yards of love. Enjoy the read.

Matt Field- Hey Brandyce, thanks for catching up with Unlaced today.

Brandyce Lee- No problem Matt. Thanks again for the interview, I hope everyone enjoys it.

Matt- Let’s get the basics out of the way. How did you get involved with the LFL?

Brandyce- It was around July 2008, I saw a ‘Casting Call’ flyer and I have always to be a football player or a wrestler. The opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it.

Matt- Congrats on making the team. What have been your biggest challenges as you prepare for play in the LFL?

Brandyce- My biggest challenge has been to get faster and stronger. I think I am the smallest girl in the league and some of these girls are pretty big. I feel that I need to train more than the average competitor to keep an edge.

Matt- How important has the coaching staff been in the development of your skills and the team’s as a whole?

Brandyce- They have done everything. Most of us didn’t know a lot about the game and they have turned us into legitimate players in a short period of time. We owe everything to them and are so thankful to have them.

Matt- Now that you are training hard and the coaches have everyone on the same page, give me pregame jam that gets you pumped for play.

Brandyce- Hands down… TUPAC “Hit em up”!

Matt- Any pregame superstitions?

Brandyce- Yes. When the national anthem is performed I whisper the words to myself while looking down at the ground and when we hit the line “and the home of the brave”, I look up to the sky and say a few other words to myself. You’ll catch me doing it at every game.

Matt- Now let’s have some fun with a few rapid fire questions. Ready?

Brandyce- Ready!

Matt- Favorite food?

Brandyce- Cheese.

Matt- Celebrity crush?

Brandyce- Edward Cullen, vampires are Hot!

Matt- Fun fact about yourself?

Brandyce- I have double jointed hips and shoulders. Gross, I know.

Matt- Favorite word or phrase?

Brandyce- Ballin’

Matt- Craziest thing you have ever done?

Brandyce- Playing football in lingerie, lol.

Matt- What super power would you like to possess?

Brandyce- The ability to fly. I am always late

Matt- Guilty pleasures?

Brandyce- I love Starbucks Pumpkin Loafs. They are the devil, but sooo good. Mmmm

Matt- NFL player that compares to your style of play?

Brandyce- Not sure, come the game and you tell me.

Matt- Alright, so your a great football player now. What else can you do better than the boys?

Brandyce- I can’t say because then they will know my secret. Shhh

Matt- Ha! Finally, give us your Super Bowl pick.

Brandyce- I am going with the Saints, my homegirl Tara will cry if I don’t show some New Orleans love.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 at 9:05 am and is filed under Interviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

No comments:

Post a Comment